July 11, 2009

first fruits.




I claim near failure in my attempt to start a mini garden from seed. Perhaps it was an ambitious act, considering I didn't even attempt to get a proper soil balance.  But, I had to try and I'll try again next year. The one plant we did start from a seedling (thank you Melinda) actually yielded a piece of veg. Our first and quite possibly only tomato! That said my Zinnas are doing much better, they're not gorgeous, but they're trying. Here is our token tomato. The cucumbers, radishes, and squash are trying their hardest but alas they yield nothing. ~ the kingdom of god is like a farmer who scatters seed

1 comment:

Emily said...

i are with you! we are gettin several roma tomatoes, and lots of cilantro (which was from seed), but the strawberries and cantaloupe have yet to provide...we'll see!

quotes.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ~ mlk