January 13, 2010

bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.



These are a few of my favorite things.

I was thinking about one of my favorite things today, photography, capturing life in one image in a moment in time. Its not just about taking a photo or the right light, but capturing life as I see it.
I'm a visual person tried and true. Partly this why I am pants with voicemail.

When Zach was a substitute teacher in San Francisco Unified School District (not an easy task) I would sometimes ask him,
"what did you see today?" By this I didn't mean a tree or a truck (but he could say that and it would be fine). What I wanted to know was what did you see, what captured your heart, what life image was imprinted into your heart and mind? What made you think? What made you question?

I love this question and I love photography, because they encourage us to pay attention to the life and lives around us, so rich with untold stories and significant meaning.

~ What did you see today?
Please comment and share, I'd love to hear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i finally saw 2 troubled boys grin with pride in themselves. made my heart grin, too.

quotes.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ~ mlk